Key Areas Advisors Should Consider When Choosing Wealth Management Technology
When evaluating wealth management platforms that drive revenue, advisors need to consider a few important capabilities, including portfolio accounting, performance reporting, and additional tools that streamline workflows and automate advisor tasks.
By integrating key wealth management functions into a single, unified system, an end-to-end wealth management platform can help advisors streamline operations, increase efficiency, and provide a better experience for clients by offering a single source of information and a seamless user experience.
Important capabilities of an end-to-end platform include portfolio management, risk management, performance reporting, compliance management, client relationship management, and more. And with access to real-time data, advisors can improve investment decisions and optimize portfolio performance.
Portfolio accounting capabilities can help advisors more easily manage and track a portfolio of assets, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities. Advisors can use the system to monitor performance, track investments, calculate gains and losses, and provide real-time updates on portfolio values and holdings.
By aggregating investment data and providing the tools needed to analyze data across asset classes, currencies, accounting bases, and reporting needs, a portfolio accounting system can increase advisor productivity. Benefits of a portfolio accounting system include:
- Improved accuracy by automating data tracking, which reduces the chances of human error and increases the accuracy of records.
- Real-time updates on portfolio value, holdings, and performance, helping investors make better-informed decisions.
- Better risk management by helping to identify and track potential risks associated with portfolio holdings.
- Improved transparency by providing clear, centralized records of all portfolio transactions and holdings.
- Increased efficiency by reducing manual labor.
- Better decision-making by providing data and insights that advisors can use to inform investment decisions and optimize portfolio performance.
In addition to managing portfolios, advisors need to provide clients with performance reports of their assets. The reports provide information such as portfolio returns, risk, diversification, and other relevant metrics, which can be used to evaluate a portfolio's performance to improve investment decisions and achieve investment goals. The benefits to clients of portfolio performance reporting include:
- Better investment decision-making by providing data-driven insights into portfolio performance.
- Increased transparency by providing clear records of portfolio transactions, holdings, and performance.
- Improved accountability by serving as a record of investment decisions and performance, which provides accountability and a basis for reviewing investment strategies.
- Better risk management by identifying potential risks associated with portfolio holdings, enabling investors and portfolio managers to take proactive measures to mitigate those risks.
- Increased client confidence by providing insights into investment decisions and portfolio management strategies.
- Improved performance by helping investors identify areas for improvement and make changes to optimize performance.
By using an end-to-end wealth management platform, advisors can streamline operations, increase efficiency, and provide a better experience for clients by offering a single source of information and a seamless user experience.