We are pleased to announce that Adair Moody Winkler one of LibertyFi’s consultants, has been named one of Birmingham’s Rising Stars of Money by the Birmingham Business Journal. This distinction honors the next generation of leaders under the age of 30 in the banking, finance, and wealth management industries.
Adair began her career with LibertyFi in 2019 and has thrived in the time she has been a part of the team. Here’s a glimpse at her outlook for the future of Birmingham and the industry.
How has the pandemic impacted your career as a young professional?
- It’s been an interesting two years for everyone in the workforce. Specifically for my generation, it’s been encouraging to see companies realize that hybrid or WFH options are viable. It’s shown the world how adaptable the ‘work life’ can be and is very encouraging for generations to come.
What is the biggest challenge facing your industry in the long term?
- Consolidation and market uncertainty are the biggest challenges facing my industry in the long term. There has been a considerable amount of consolidation over the last few years – all the wirehouse firms and discount brokerage firms have been buying up their smaller counterparts. Additionally, the stock market faces a lot of headwinds with the current economic and geopolitical issues.
What is the biggest opportunity for your industry in the long term?
- Specific to the investment industry, I see the biggest opportunity for financial advisors is breaking away to the RIA space and establishing their own independent firm. Now more than ever, there are tools and teams in the space that primarily focus on helping advisors move to the independent space.
What do you think will be the biggest changes in your industry over the next 10 years?
- In the investment industry, technology and succession plans will see the biggest changes over the next decade. As technology changes, financial advisors are becoming more and more dependent upon it. I think we will also see the older generation of advisors begin to turn over their books of business to the next generation. Part of our job at LibertyFi is to ensure that advisors are properly equipped with the best technology to help meet their and their clients’ goals.
What is the biggest challenge facing Birmingham right now?
- Over the last few years, in our industry alone, we have seen a lot of mergers and acquisitions in the Birmingham markets. We have had numerous Fortune 500 companies leave the area due to the consolidation.
What is Birmingham doing right?
- Birmingham is doing a great job of investing in the local economy, and in the past few years we have seen a boom in local investment. From Protective Stadium, to the renovation and expansion of the downtown interstate, to the new buildings going up in Five Point. Birmingham is experiencing a large growth period — one we had not seen over the last decade. We are all anxious to see the impact the World Games will have on the city this summer.
Congratulations, Adair! We are proud to have you as part of the LibertyFi team.